You’ve heard the news that we’ve been up and running for a whole year now, right? We have things pretty well dialed in at this point. Deserving causes, nominated and voted in by you guys, win ever-increasing pots of cash each month. Now we need to turn our attention to growth of our donor base. And for starters, that means we need more Likes… from the likes of you and your friends.
The Plan: $1 added to the pot per Like
We have some great ideas on how to attract more donors, but we need to get the word out to as many people as we can. We’re primarily “preaching to the converted” at the moment: those of you reading this are by and large our friends and family. You’re already donors, or if not, you at least get what we’re trying to do and are patiently waiting for the perfect day to join us. (We’re ready when you are.) But to reach those other deadbeats out there who’ve never heard of us, we need lots and lots of Likes!
Instead of paying Facebook/Twitter/Google for advertisements drumming up more followers, we’re going to pay ourselves. We received some large matching donations earlier this year, not yet tied to any monthly pots. We’d like to use those funds to catalyze growth at Charitocracy. Before we roll out other incentives, we’d like to grow the audience who’ll hear about them. So the first incentive: $1 added to the pot for every new Like.
Right now we’re at 384 Likes on Facebook, and 31 Followers on Twitter. So on the night of September 30, we’ll take the current Like count, subtract 384, and add that many dollars to September’s pot. If our Like count is up to 500, we’d throw an extra $116 in. Same goes for Twitter followers. Now that’s what I call sweetening the pot! And we’d repeat with our new baselines in October.
The Ask: Invite all your friends to Like us
Here’s what we’d… like… you to do:
- On Facebook, go to Charitocracy’s page.
- Click on the … button, then on Invite Friends:
- Click the little blue page icon and write a one-liner personal note like this:
- Most important step: Click every Invite button in your list of friends!
- Head on over to our Twitter page and Follow us!
- I don’t know if there’s a way to invite Twitter followers to follow Charitocracy, but let me know if there is and I’ll pass it along!
Remember, you and your friends Like us, but we LOVE you. <3
- For a limited time, while supplies last, void where prohibited, batteries not included. We should have more than enough matching funds to cover us through 1000 Likes and well beyond, so please get busy!