Our friend Maurice (aka Moe) made a great suggestion: write a brief post about each nominated cause. So I’m going to cover them in chronological order, starting with this, our very first nominee by donor
Mickaboo is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in the greater San Francisco Bay Area. Our basic goal is to rescue parrots and other commonly domesticated companion birds who have been neglected, abused, injured or surrendered to us because their owners can no longer care for them. To accomplish this goal, we do the following:
- Provide medical care and safe, healthy, foster homes for the rescued birds we take in.
- Take in and rehabilitate injured or sick conures from the San Francisco “Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill” flock.
- Find and educate quality adoptive homes for the birds in our foster care.
- Inform avian caregivers on the most current standards of care via our free classes, online resources, and consultations.
- Educate the public about the tragedies of overpopulation, and encourage them to adopt, not buy or breed birds.
Visit Mickaboo’s page on Charitocracy to vote for, like, or discuss this cause!