There are exactly twice as many Facebook users who like Charitocracy (244) as there are donors on the site (122). While I risk sounding like an NPR pledge drive, here goes nothing: “What’s it going to take to get you to donate?”
We’re so close to passing the $500 mark. We hit that mark in September with the help of some one-time “sweeten the pot” donations from enthusiastic donors. This time, thanks to our enlarged donor base, we’re poised to do it naturally. We’re just a few signups shy of $500 in monthly donations! (That means we’d be starting at $500 in November.)
So why the reluctance, you other 50%-ers? Help me understand! Maybe I can convince you? Here are some fun facts to consider:
- It takes about 2 minutes to sign up. You supply your name, email, a username, optional zip code for the neato donor map, and your credit card info, which your browser might already have memorized. Done.
- You can sign up from your phone, tablet, mainframe, whatever you prefer.
- Your donations are tax-deductible. We’re a 501(c)(3) and we’ll email you a receipt within seconds.
- Each individual in a family can have a separate account, with a separate voice and separate vote. (Partners/SOs, do not throw away your shot!)
- $13 per year is pretty reasonable considering you’ll automatically support a dozen different causes throughout the year, whether you actively participate (vote, nominate, etc.) or not. I spent this much on a sandwich and coffee just trying to come up with ways to persuade you.
Just 3 days left to sign up and get your vote in for October!